Starting at $42
About Methimazole Transdermal Cream
Methimazole is used in the treatment of hyperthyroidism by inhibiting the production of the thyroid hormone in the thyroid gland.
This is a compounded cream in which the active ingredient is methimazole.
Directions for Use
Your prescriber may have special instructions as to how they want you to use this product. It is important that you follow the directions.
The Transdermal Gel/Cream dosage form allows the medicine to be absorbed into the bloodstream through the skin of the animal’s ear.
- Rub the prescribed amount of medication into the inside of the cat’s ear where there is the least amount of fur.
- Rub the gel/cream in well using a protective finger cot. Wash hands well following application of the medication.
- There may be a residue remaining on the ear after the gel/cream dries. If a residue exists, it may be wiped off with a damp cloth or a cotton swab.
- The preparation may be stored at room temperature
Always follow the prescribers instructions, which may vary from the following generalized dosage guidelines.
The normal dosage of Compounded Methimazole Transdermal Gel/cream is 1.25mg to 10mg given one-two times daily based on the prescribed volume to be administered.
Storing Methimazole Transdermal Gel
Store this medication at room temperature. Protect from light. Keep out of reach of children.
Use Date of Methimazole Cream
It is recommended Compounded Methimazole Transdermal preparations be used within 3 months. Do not keep medication beyond the use date.
Potential Side Effects
Side effects of this medication are generally rare and may include anorexia, vomiting, lethargy, self-excoriation (clawing and biting), and excessive scratching of the face.
* Warning: If side effects of the medication are noticed, consult your pet’s veterinarian or pharmacist.
Are you a prescriber? Click here for more customizable quote requests.
Methimazole Cream Quote
Your information is encrypted and secured for your protection.
If you fall outside our local delivery range, as an official US Postal Substation, we can also easily ship your medications to you. We ship most medications for free, and also offer expedited shipping if you need. As we grow, we also serve patients and prescribers in multiple states.
The growing list of states we serve now includes:
- and more to come!