Starting at $42
About Testosterone Topical Cream
Testosterone is commonly used to treat testosterone deficiency, known as hypogonadism. This medication contains testosterone that has been compounded in a topical dosage form – a cream or gel. The testosterone is absorbed through the skin and then enters the bloodstream to help restore normal testosterone levels in your body.
Possible Side Effects
Taking this medication, you may experience some of the following side-effects:
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Mood changes – agitation, depression
- Acne, increased hair growth, voice changes
- Water retention and swelling
- Itching, discomfort, or irritation at site of application
- These effects may go away during treatment, but if they continue or become bothersome, check with your doctor
- Contact your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any of the following: frequent or persistent erections, nausea, vomiting, change in skin color, ankle swelling, or headache
Directions for Use
The following directions are generalized. Please use your topical testosterone cream according to your doctor’s instructions.
- Apply at the same time every day, preferably in the morning. For best absorption, do not apply right before bedtime.
- Only apply to the upper arm and shoulder area or to the insides of the lower arms. Never apply to open sores, wounds, or irritated skin.
- Completely clean and dry the skin.
- Squeeze the prescribed about of medication on the appropriate area. Using a circular motion, rub in the medication until it is absorbed and the area feels dry. If applying to the lower arms you can rub the insides of your arms together in a circular motion to spread the medication onto both arms.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water immediately after application to avoid spreading the medication to other people.
- Let the medication dry for a few minutes before getting dressed to prevent your clothes from wiping it off your skin.
- There is a slight risk of transferring the medication to other people you come into contact with. To avoid this, allow at least 4 hours for the medication to fully absorb before touching another person with the area of application. To further prevent transfer, the site of application can be washed with soap and water after allowing for absorption.
- Wait at least an hour after application before bathing or swimming to ensure the best absorption.
What Should I Do If I Miss a Dose?
Take your next dose of the medication as soon as you remember unless it is close to your next dose. In that case, skip the dose and resume your scheduled dose. Never double your dose!
Are you a prescriber? Click here for more customizable quote requests.
make a custom compound request
Testosterone Cream Free Quote
Your information is encrypted and secured for your protection.
If you fall outside our local delivery range, as an official US Postal Substation, we can also easily ship your medications to you. We ship most medications for free, and also offer expedited shipping if you need. As we grow, we also serve patients and prescribers in multiple states.
The growing list of states we serve now includes:
- and more to come!