CISAPRIDE VET CAPSULES
ABOUT CISAPRIDE VET CAPSULES
Cisapride Compounded in capsule form is used in dogs and cats to speed up the digestive process without increasing gastric acid. Cisapride alleviates vomiting and other issues associated with slow digestive processes. Compounding is beneficial in instances where a specific dosage is unavailable or in different forms to make it easier to dose your pet, in this case, capsule. Cisapride Compounded capsules require a prescription from your veterinarian.
For: Dogs & Cats
Also available in other forms (Liquid suspensions, etc.)
- Reduces vomiting associated with mega esophagus, or other conditions that slow the emptying of the stomac
- Used in cats for conditions such as mega esophagus, chronic constipation and mega-colon
HOW IT WORKS
Cisapride Compounded capsules stimulate the smooth muscle that lines the digestive tract to help contents move through the esophagus, stomach and the intestines.
Keep this and all drugs out of reach of children. Cisapride capsules are a prescription drug and should be used according to your veterinarian’s directions. They should only be given to the animal for which it was prescribed. Do not give this medication to a person.
- Give this medication to your pet exactly as your veterinarian prescribes. If you miss giving your pet a dose of cisapride capsules, give the next dose as soon as you remember or, if it is close to the next scheduled dose, return to the regular schedule. Do not double dose in order to catch up
- Cisapride capsules are usually given at least 30 minutes before eating
- Cisapride capsules do not cure the condition for which they are given. Treatment is generally continued for the life of the animal.
Get information and a quote below